Industrial training
I’ve been doing my industrial training for 3 weeks already now. I’m currently doing it in a mechanical and electrical consulting firm but the funny thing is I’m an electronics student. The common question that people ask me is ‘Are you a mechanical or electrical engineer?’ to which I would usually reply “I’m an electronics student”. Sometimes I feel like telling them that I’m a doctor or something haha!
After being in the firm for a week, they sent me to a switchboard factory for 2 weeks. You know the thing in your house that trips every time you turn on a faulty electrical device? The larger version of that is called a switchboard. Usually used to protect electrical circuits in large buildings like airports, hotels and factories. It looks something like this
Training in the factory, I have 2 options. I can either sit in this nice air-cond office and read some technical documents
Or I can go down to the factory, where there is no air-cond
and help out at the testing and quality checking section.
That‘s basically what I’ve been doing for the past few weeks. I work from
I’ll be going back to the consulting firm next week. Then another factory for 2 weeks. After that I’ll have to endure another 6 weeks in the office. The consulting firm actually does designing of the electrical and mechanical system of buildings after they received the drawings from the architect. So I'm really not sure what I'm going to do there haha!
Life in KK is good. It's always nice to stay at home because at home, you have almost everything. Food is prepared for you, no need to wash clothes, no need to clean the house, no need to pay bills, no need to think about what to eat, got air-cond at home, can use my parents car and there is always plenty of food at home to eat. The only thing missing here are the friends I know in Malacca and my joker house mates in UG haha!






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home