October feast...
Last week, a group of us (some senior October babies) decided that we wanted to spend some time together celebrating each others birthdays before we leave for our industrial training and work. So we decided to go to Renaissance Hotel Malacca for a nice buffet dinner. Just the five of us...
The picture kinda reminds me of this (Here we are, off to save the planet haha!)
It seems like just yesterday I came to MMU and now I’m in my final year already. Will be graduating in less than a year. Sigh... it's times like this that makes you think a lot.. I remember my housemate used to ask "Why do kids have to grow up? Why do puppies become dogs and kittens become cats? Why can't they just stay the way they are? "
When I think about graduation, this is what goes through my mind:
1 year after we graduate we would probably still be keeping in touch with each other
3 years down the road we would probably have gone down very different paths with different circle of friends
5 years after graduation we probably may get invited to some of our Uni friends weddings (if we still keep in touch la)
10 years down the road we would probably still talk if we bump into each other on the street
15 years later we would probably just smile if we bumped into each other
Sad right?
I guess we can't expect things to always remain the same. I've learnt that each phase of life has it's own beauty and fun in it. So i guess there's nothing much I can do except to savor what's left of my Uni life. Gonna try to take things slow and cruise slowly to the next phase of life...




2 Comments:
i left uni in 2004 April. It's been more than 2 years now.
i agree, 1 year down the road... you will still keep in touch.
2 years down the road, you willstill kep in touch with the close ones, but some will move on.
but not 5 years u get invited to weddings. by now u get invited. between last year and this year, there's been about 8 wedding invitations... and 3 are my batch ones.
freaky. :)
yup... go slow and enjoy the time u have.
but looking at the people my batch.. they are all still single la haha! Think it'll take more than 5 years haha! :P
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home