Sunday, June 19, 2005

More than many sparrows... more than the finest gold

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The 2 most important ppl in my life... Couldn't imagine life without them. I’ve known both of them since the day I was born… hehe! Over the years, I have really come to know them better n really respect n admire them. They are the ppl that I love. Though they might not be perfect at times but I appreciate the effort they put in. For me I guess it’s not easy to bring up a kid like me. Thank you so much mom n dad... for everything!!!
I remember the times when my dad used to scold us(me n my bros) for climbing up the cupboard n then jumping down onto a pile of mattresses and pillows… Now when I think back… I’m like…. WHAT WAS I THINKING???!!!! Haha! Not to forget the times when I got scolded for running down the staircase n jumping the steps… Back then I did not understood at times y I was not allowed to do such crazy stunts… coz I actually enjoyed it a lot but as I grew older I understood y my parents din allow my to do those stunts Haha!
My father? A wise n really patient man. A man who enjoys reading n also playing computer games hehe! Yeah! I know! Playing computer games?????!!! My dad is like 50 plus oledi… n he knows how to reformat a computer, a little hardware stuff, how to rip mp3’s, download stuff, playing computer games n lots more. I think it’s just his way of relaxing after a long day at work. The weirdest thing is that he is not even an IT expert or working in that field. He is a pharmacist actually haha! My brothers n I sleep in the same room, n I use to remember my dad coming in to our room almost every nite to check on us. To make sure we have our blankets on. To make sure the windows are not opened to wide so that the cold wind doesn’t blow straight at us n ending up with us getting sick or something like tat. Well that’s my dad… :)
The first few years of my life started in the arms of a woman…… n that woman is my mom haha! My mom is woman I respect. Though she had to work, she made sure she spent enough time with us by switching to a job tat only requires her to work half day only. The woman who taught us how to pray, to read the bible, to obey God’s word n even insisted tat we go to church hehe! Probably the only woman who is more concerned than I am about who my life partner will be. She is afraid that my lack of judgment will cause me to end up in the hands of a wicked woman wuahahaha!
Well, wat can I say. I’m so thankful to have this 2 ppl in my life n I thank God so much for giving me such parents. The people who love me despite of how evil or bad I have been n how much I disappoint them at times. I remember Ps Leroy said this in his sermon on “The Father’s Love” n he said this…. “That the moment the parents see n hold their baby in their arms. It is already forgiven. Whatever this child does in the future to break their hearts or to disappoint them…. It is oledi forgiven.. even b4 it happens.”
That’s the kind of love that parents have for their kid. Take tat…. multiply it by infinity, take that to the depths of forever and that is the kind of love that our Father in heaven has for us. Amazing isn’t it n yet it seems so easy to forget n sometimes so hard to feel. Thank you Lord for all you’ve done…………..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home