Monday, March 14, 2005

I am the LORD

One week before the Johor trip, my taekwondo lecturer announced in class that he would have the physical test(20%) on the 12th of March. The trip to Johor was from the 11th to 13th of March so i was really wondering whether i should go for the trip. I was sitting in taekwondo class that day n suddenly i realized that if God wanted me to go to Johor, He would open the way. So i sat class and i was praying n saying to God.. "if u want me to go Johor Lord, You open the way for me la"
When the class finally ended, i went to talk to the lecturer to see whether i could have the physical test another time. He agreed n said yes.. but the thing was i was supposed to do the test alone.. Just the lecturer n me. woooo... then i said ok la... i told the lecturer i wanted to do it another time even though i would be doing it alone. After that, i had doubt in my heart about whether i made the right decission or not to do the test another time or should i have just told Jason that i could not go for the trip. A week after that, on thursday(the day b4 the trip to Johor) i got the news from my friends that the lecturer has actually postponed the physical test to the next week which is the 19th of March.. yeah!!! wuhuuu!!!! I was really so glad to hear that n i was sure at that point that God wanted me to go to this mission trip.
On the first night of the mission trip, while i was having my quiet time, I really felt something in my heart n i wasnt sure wat it was. The next day during the prayer meeting in the morning.. the feeling was getting stronger n i was thinking, maybe the Lord wants to say something to me. On the night of the second day, after the bi-lingual service, I asked pastor Joanne to pray for me. I told her, i've been feeling this something in my heart and i couldn't figure out wat it was n i said.. maybe the Lord wants to speak to me.. but i cant get it.. After praying for me, Pastor told me to spend some time waiting on the Lord..
That night after having supper(dinner actually coz we din eat dinner that nite), b4 i slept.. I had my quiet time n i was waiting on the Lord, trying to hear from Him.. I read a few passages from the bible.. n i kept reading this phrase over n over again n it says "I am the LORD"... i prayed n i tried to hear from Him.. but i was getting nothing.. I was really really exhausted n i couldn't go on anymore.. so i went to sleep..
The next day when i woke up.. i was like..."how? how? still haven't got the word yet, today is the last day of the mission trip oledi... "
Before the main service started on that day, after prayer with the whole team that went to Church of Praise(Johor). I sat down at the back praying n trying to listen to His voice... n as i opened my bible again... This verse struck me

but let him who boasts boast about this:
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the LORD , who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,"
declares the LORD .

Jeremiah 9:24


and all of a sudden thing became so clear to me.. The previous weeks i as i was reading the life of Paul and Daniel.. i felt God was trying to tell me something.. I din really understand wat He was saying to me until that moment i understand wat God has been trying to say to me... It is like i finally got the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle.. n now i can see the whole picture clearly... All these while, God was preparing me for something. And i pray that the Lord will give me strength and courage to walk through it. That through it all.. i may grow in Him n be more n more like Jesus.


Be still, and know that I am God
Psalm 46:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home